Those who share our passion for helping animals in need will find employment at St. Hubert's meaningful and rewarding. Whether providing direct animal care in our shelters or engaged in the various supportive positions, every team member contributes significantly to the furtherance of St. Hubert's mission. We offer all full-time employees a generous benefits package. All staff are afforded continuous professional education and training opportunities to increase their skills and knowledge, enhancing their development and advancement in animal welfare. St. Hubert's is an equal opportunity employer.
Kennel Attendant/Adoption Counselor
St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center in Madison is seeking an energetic, dedicated individual to join our team as a kennel attendant/adoption counselor. Both full-time and part-time positions are available. This position is responsible for providing quality care and sanitary housing for all the shelter animals and also providing excellent customer service to the public. Duties include cleaning, feeding, medicating, enrichment, training, behavior modification, prepping animals for adoption, computer work and other tasks as needed. The ideal candidate must possess a strong work ethic, good communication skills, the ability to multi-task, good animal handling skills and a dedication to St. Hubert's mission. St. Hubert's offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time staff members, including health and dental coverage, life insurance and PTO. Our benefits are designed to help our staff lead healthy, productive and rewarding lifestyles.
Please send resume and cover letter to
Rebecca Burton, Madison Shelter Manager
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions call: 973-377-2295
FOSTER & off-site coordinator
The Foster & Off-Site Coordinator is responsible for the growth and management of St. Hubert’s foster care and off-site adoption venues, volunteers and programs. This position also assists in related and general supportive tasks which benefit the overall adoption and foster functions of the organization, including routine office tasks and special projects.
Reports to the Director of Animal Welfare Operations. Also works closely with the Volunteer Manager, Shelter Managers and Development/Communications department.
Foster Care--Coordinates all aspects of the volunteer foster program to ensure its smooth operation across involved departments.
- Actively recruits, and provides training, ongoing support, supervision for foster caregivers for both sheltered animals and those enrolled in St. Hubert’s public initiatives such as the TLCC program for victims of domestic violence.
- Maintains complete and active roster of foster caregivers and fills requests for foster care from shelters and coordinator of TLCC program.
- Coordinates with shelter managers to provide training and tools for foster caregivers to adopt out foster animals directly where appropriate.
- Works closely with Shelter Managers to coordinate scheduling of all health/vaccination/worming procedures for animals with foster caregivers.
- Works closely with Training Center to provide behavior/training support to foster caregivers.
- Ensures that foster caregivers are provided with all supplies necessary.
- Engages with both animals and volunteers to ensure foster placement and successful foster experiences.
Off-Site Adoption Kiosks and Events
- Actively recruits, provides training and supervises volunteer care/adoption counselors for permanent off-site adoption kiosks.
- Coordinates with shelter managers regarding cats/kittens placed at offsite locations, assisting with transport as needed and arranging foster care or return to shelter during periods of when the store experiences scheduled or emergency closings.
- Serves as liaison with management of off-site locations, maintaining mutual general and emergency contact information for each site and ensures that each location provides St. Hubert’s with copies of its emergency plans, including evacuation procedures.
- Coordinates off-site adoption events, whether they are designed strictly for pet adoption or as a component of another event, arranging for volunteers to transport animals and all materials necessary for St. Hubert’s space at events and provide adoption services. Serves at the liaison with off-site event management.
- Actively investigates new permanent and event-oriented off-site adoption venues and proceeds with implementing those approved by the Director of Shelter Operations.
- Ensures that off-site animals and kiosks are cared for in accordance with St. Hubert’s standards and the off-site venues positively represent St. Hubert’s to the community.
- Provides updates and written reports monthly and as requested, on all activities with information and goals in a format and frequency assigned by Director of Operations.
- Captures and shares information regarding foster, off-site adoption and community events with development and communication staff for use in newsletter, social media posts or other communications.
- Maintains accurate records and database of volunteers, partner stores and scheduling.
- Other duties as requested.
- be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- be comfortable handling domestic animals.
- have strong written and oral communication skills.
- be available to work at least one weekend day regularly and available to work nights and holidays as needed.
- be well organized.
- have a valid NJ driver’s license that meets our insurance requirements.
Please send resume and cover letter to
RayLynn Bradigan, Director of Animal Welfare Operations
By email: email@example.com