Those who share our passion for helping animals in need will find employment at St. Hubert's meaningful and rewarding. Whether providing direct animal care in our shelters or engaged in the various supportive positions, every team member contributes significantly to the furtherance of St. Hubert's mission. We offer all full-time employees a generous benefits package. All staff are afforded continuous professional education and training opportunities to increase their skills and knowledge, enhancing their development and advancement in animal welfare. St. Hubert's is an equal opportunity employer.
Vice President of development & communications
Summary: As a member of St. Hubert’s senior leadership team, the Vice President of Development and Communications provides leadership and direction for all development and communications programs, creating and implementing a sustainable and innovative philanthropic program to support and further St. Hubert’s mission. S/he will also lead communications initiatives that support St. Hubert’s strategic goals and enhance the organization’s visibility and brand. The Vice President will be joining a dynamic team at a progressive animal welfare organization.
Broad Function: As a member of St. Hubert’s senior leadership team, the Vice President of Development & Communications is responsible for the overall design and implementation of St. Hubert’s fundraising and communications plan for the organization. Components include planned giving, major donor cultivation and solicitation, annual giving program, special events, retail store, foundation and corporate giving. The position is also responsible for the management of St. Hubert’s communications and brand identity. Knowledge of Raisers Edge, Blackbaud Net Community preferred. i
Reports to: President/CEO. Supervises: Development Manager & Development Associate
- Directs the development team to design and implement fundraising strategies for organization to sustainably achieve annual needs as well as special funding needs.
- Writes grants proposals and researches potential funding sources such as foundation and corporate sponsors. Reports to program donors on gifts received.
- Researches potential major donors and prepares major donor solicitation mailings and cultivation program. Drafts solicitation and acknowledgement letters.
- Consults with Direct Mail firm and President on membership program and planning of direct mail solicitations.
- Works with Board of Trustees to target and facilitate board success in giving and getting and provides regular report cards to trustees.
- Develop, market and manage annual and corporate giving opportunities
- Plans and implements online, third party, affiliate and in-house and community giving
- Plans and implements the events calendar
- Drafts press releases for the organization and distributes. Maintains and cultivates press and media list. Coordinates media interviews for the President, and/or program representatives.
- Organizes production, design and printing of St. Hubert’s newsletter, Humane News and Annual Report. Writes newsletter articles, text and provides photos as needed.
- Crafts, executes and continually monitors/adapts a top level communications plan to support mission and position St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center in the public and in the field. Includes, but not limited to website, social media, pitching stories to media, press releases, newsletters, speaking engagements and position letters. Develops and maintains Press Kit.
- Markets organization, programs and overall animal welfare through targeted, strategic efforts.
- Oversees participation in Local Independent Charities, United Way, or any other workplace campaign for St. Hubert’s. Completes applications for inclusion in campaigns and handle any other correspondence as needed.
- Plans, advertises and implements Planned Giving Program.
- Oversees management of the Retail Store Buddy’s Boutique.
- Responsible for data integrity and optimization of constituent and contact software.
- Participates in continuing education opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations related to charitable giving.
- Provides monthly reports and other analytics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Significant management level experience with responsibility for annual fundraising of at least $1 million including a demonstrated ability to implement impactful organizational communication efforts. A proven track record of success with major donors, corporate giving, private and family foundations and a demonstrated success directing internal and external cause related communications. Bachelors degree, advanced degree and certifications preferred. Experience with endowment campaigns desired. A passion for the welfare of animals. Valid Drivers License. Available to work evenings and weekends.
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume via mail, email or facsimile, attention Heather Cammisa, President & CEO
Mail: P.O. Box 159, 575 Woodland Avenue, Madison, NJ 07940
Applications will be accepted through October 8th, 2014
NJ CERTIFIED ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER
St. Huberts Animal Welfare Center in North Branch, NJ is seeking a full-time Animal Control Officer. This position requires the candidate be State Certified and have a clean driving record. In additional to animal control responsibilites, duties include--but not limited to-- cleaning kennel and faciliitating adoptions. The ability to lift 50lbs is mandatory and the position requires working rotational full weekends and several nights on call weekly. Experience preferred. The ideal candidate must possess a strong work ethic, good communication skills, the ability to multi-task, good animal handling skills and a dedication to St. Hubert's mission. St. Hubert's offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time staff members, including health and dental coverage, life insurance and PTO. Our benefits are designed to help our staff lead healthy, productive and rewarding lifestyles. Experience preferred. Apply in person at St. Huberts located at 3201 Route 22 East North Branch N.J.08876 or call 908-526-3330.
Apply in person at:
St. Hubert's, 3201 Route 22 East, North Branch, NJ
or by telephone at 908-526-3330
Kennel Attendant/Adoption Counselor
St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center in Madison is seeking an energetic, dedicated individual to join our team as a kennel attendant/adoption counselor. Both full-time and part-time positions are available. This position is responsible for providing quality care and sanitary housing for all the shelter animals and also providing excellent customer service to the public. Duties include cleaning, feeding, medicating, enrichment, training, behavior modification, prepping animals for adoption, computer work and other tasks as needed. The ideal candidate must possess a strong work ethic, good communication skills, the ability to multi-task, good animal handling skills and a dedication to St. Hubert's mission. St. Hubert's offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time staff members, including health and dental coverage, life insurance and PTO. Our benefits are designed to help our staff lead healthy, productive and rewarding lifestyles.
Please send resume and cover letter to
Rebecca Burton, Madison Shelter Manager
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions call: 973-377-2295