Those who share our passion for helping animals in need will find employment at St. Hubert's meaningful and rewarding. Whether providing direct animal care in our shelters or engaged in the various supportive positions, every team member contributes significantly to the furtherance of St. Hubert's mission. We offer all full-time employees a generous benefits package. All staff are afforded continuous professional education and training opportunities to increase their skills and knowledge, enhancing their development and advancement in animal welfare. St. Hubert's is an equal opportunity employer.
director of animal welfare operations
St. Hubert's seeks a dynamic professional for the post. This role has been diligently and lovingly filled by someone moving on to raise a family. St. Hubert's offers generous benefits and supports continuing education and professional development. EOE Closing Date: 4/15/2014
Fax or Mail cover letter & resumes
P.O. Box 159, 575 Woodland Avenue, Madison, NJ 07940
Broad Function: The Director of Animal Welfare Operations is responsible for broad direction of the department to fulfill the mission of St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center and provide for the welfare of the animals in its care. Responsible for researching and establishing protocols to ensure best practices in shelter operations and implementing consistent operating procedures across St. Hubert’s shelter facilities. Relationship lead on partnerships with other shelters and organizations for animal relocation, collaborative efforts, adoption programs and emergency deployments. Provides positive leadership for the efficient and smooth functioning of all shelter operations.
Reports to: President / CEO
Supervises: Shelter Managers, Veterinarian, Clinic Vet Tech
- Oversees shelter operations at all St. Hubert’s shelter facilities & offsite venues.
- Ensures that accurate and complete records for St. Hubert’s animals, adoptions and animal welfare staff are maintained as required by St. Hubert’s policies, city contracts/ordinances and state and federal laws.
- Identifies needs and assists with creation and implementation of new animal welfare programs.
- Oversees and directs existing animal welfare programs, including growing strategic local and distance partner outreach programs and supporting growth of the sister shelter program.
- Builds strategic relationships with other organizations, off-site adoption locations and veterinarians to support adoptions and other animal welfare programs.
- Oversees and directs all St. Hubert’s animal emergency response, including deployment to assist in disaster and emergency response.
- Remains current on laws and best-practices in the animal welfare field through professional publications, conference attendance, networking, etc.
- Represents St. Hubert’s publicly and makes presentations as necessary to support St. Hubert’s programs and positions.
- Oversees the operation of the St. Hubert’s Spay/Neuter Clinic including scheduling and overseeing the clinic veterinarian.
- Drafts for review and consistently reviews standard operating procedures to assure compliance with local, state and federal guidelines, and the St. Hubert’s mission.
- Directs and coordinates staff training and certification requirements.
- Oversees Animal Control Contracts and Field Work.
- Lead on Trap-Neuter-Return program.
- Supervises, mentors and evaluates St. Hubert’s Shelter Managers.
- Works with VP of Finance and Administration on facility and equipment management.
- Works with Volunteer Manager to direct volunteer direct care activities and program development, such as direct foster to placement program.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Prepares monthly reports and analyses and other reports as requested.
- Develops annual plans, prepares and oversees annual department budget.
- Reviews, approves and allocates all animal welfare purchases and invoices.
- Attends functions, events.
- Performs other duties as requested.
· Strong leadership, relationship building and diplomatic skills
· 3-5 years management or supervisory experience in an animal shelter strongly preferred
· Experience with spay/neuter clinic operations strongly preferred
Experience as Animal Control Officer and Cruelty Investigator strongly preferred
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to multi-task and work calmly and efficiently in a high-stress environment
Ability to build alliances with other animal welfare organizations and agencies
Strong organizational skills
Ability to exercise independent judgment as appropriate and work independently
High level of computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office
Professional demeanor and appearance
Valid driver’s license
Extensive knowledge of and demonstrated competency in animal welfare issues
Ability to lift a minimum of fifty pounds
Passion for the mission of St. Hubert's Animal Welfare Center and a commitment to positively impact
the lives of animals locally, regionally and nationally
FRONT OFFICE manager
St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center is seeking a Front Office Manager for its Madison location. The ideal candidate must be extremely detail-oriented, able to multi-task and prioritize duties in an extremely busy environment. Applicants should possess a strong work ethic, excellent customer service skills and a passion for helping animals and people. Experience in office work and animal welfare required. If interested, please contact Shelter Manager, Becky Burton by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (973)377-2295. St. Hubert’s offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time staff members, including health and dental coverage, life insurance and PTO. Our benefits are designed to help our staff lead healthy, productive and rewarding lifestyles.
volunteer program manager
St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center in Madison, NJ is seeking an experienced, energetic, dedicated individual with a passion for animal welfare to join our team as Volunteer Program Manager. The Volunteer Program Manager takes responsibility for the growth and management of St. Hubert’s Volunteer Program and works closely with department directors and program managers to fill volunteer requests. This position is charged with creating and implementing a comprehensive recruitment, training, retention and management program for volunteers in a variety of posts so that they can effectively support staff in every department and represent St. Hubert’s at venues and events designed to engage the community. The Volunteer Program Manager supervises the Foster Care and Off-site Adoption Coordinator.
The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic along with excellent written/oral communications and interpersonal skills. Must be willing to work flexible hours that sometimes include evenings and weekends. A clean driving record, willingness to operate St. Hubert’s vans and ability to lift 50 pounds are required. St. Hubert’s offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time staff members, including health and dental coverage, life insurance and PTO. Our benefits are designed to help our staff lead healthy, productive and rewarding lifestyles.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Nora Parker email@example.com
Fax: 973 377 5012
foster care and off-site adoption coordinator
St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center in Madison is seeking a compassionate, patient individual with excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for animal welfare to manage and grow its foster care and off-site adoption programs. The Foster/Off-Site Coordinator is responsible for the training and management of volunteer foster caregivers (feline, canine, small animal) and the volunteer teams that provide care and adoption counseling at permanent off-site kiosks and special events throughout the year. This individual reports to and supports the Volunteer Program Manager. Also works closely with the Shelter Managers for foster and off-site operations and with development and community services personnel with regard to community engagement.
The ideal candidate possesses excellent communication, interpersonal and recordkeeping skills, with the ability to engage both volunteers and members of the community. A clean driving record, willingness to operate St. Hubert’s vans, lift 50 pounds and travel to various off-site locations and events is essential. St. Hubert’s offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time staff members, including health and dental coverage, life insurance and PTO. Our benefits are designed to help our staff lead healthy, productive and rewarding lifestyles.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Nora Parker firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 973 377 5012
Full-Time Dog Trainer and Behavior Counselor
St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center is seeking an experienced trainer to teach classes, conduct private consultations, help to evaluate and work with shelter dogs and participate in St. Hubert's outreach and shelter partnering programs. Candidates should have (a) at least five years teaching experience using reward-based training; (b) proven knowledge of learning theory and application; (c) passed certification given by the Council for Certification for Professional Dog Trainers; (d) and experience in handling shelter dogs.
If interested, please contact:
Pia Silvani, CPDT-KA, CCBC, Assistant Vice President & Behavior Specialist
By Email: email@example.com
By Fax: (973) 377-5012
PO Box 159
575 Woodland Avenue
Madison, NJ 07940
Kennel Attendant/Adoption Counselor
St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center in Madison is seeking an energetic, dedicated individual to join our team as a kennel attendant/adoption counselor. Both full-time and part-time positions are available. This position is responsible for providing quality care and sanitary housing for all the shelter animals and also providing excellent customer service to the public. Duties include cleaning, feeding, medicating, enrichment, training, behavior modification, prepping animals for adoption, computer work and other tasks as needed. The ideal candidate must possess a strong work ethic, good communication skills, the ability to multi-task, good animal handling skills and a dedication to St. Hubert's mission. St. Hubert's offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time staff members, including health and dental coverage, life insurance and PTO. Our benefits are designed to help our staff lead healthy, productive and rewarding lifestyles.
Please send resume and cover letter to
Rebecca Burton, Madison Shelter Manager
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions call: 973-377-2295