Those who share our passion for helping animals in need will find employment at St. Hubert's meaningful and rewarding. Whether providing direct animal care in our shelters or engaged in the various supportive positions, every team member contributes significantly to the furtherance of St. Hubert's mission. We offer all full-time employees a generous benefits package. All staff are afforded continuous professional education and training opportunities to increase their skills and knowledge, enhancing their development and advancement in animal welfare. St. Hubert's is an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Kennel Attendant/Adoption Counselor
Director of Physical Assets and Maintenance
DIRECTOR OF PHYSICAL ASSETS AND MAINTENANCE
Broad Function: This position is responsible for the maintenance, repair & cleaning of shelter grounds, facilities, equipment and vehicles. Plans improvements and renovations with senior staff. Assists with preparation of annual facilities budget for all shelter locations.
Reports to: Vice President of Finance & Administration
- Inspects, manages and oversees efficiency of all services and maintenance activities (HVAC, Electrical, Fire Protection Systems, Grounds and Building Maintenance, Security, System Engineering and Vehicles) in order to maintain efficient and effective operations in all three shelters.
- Ensure compliance and appropriate measures and protocols are in place with health, safety, and building codes
- Schedule, perform and maintain general and preventative maintenance for our shelters, equipment, physical assets, and grounds
- Supervise the day to day operation of the department (1 full-time and 2 part-time) to assure that maintenance and repair work is done in a safe and timely manner in the best interests of the shelters.
- Maintains and oversees daily/monthly/quarterly maintenance schedules for equipment, HVAC units, vehicles, water treatment plant for the 3 facilities and setting priorities of dates of completion.
- Acts as handyperson for repairs around the three shelters as necessary, e.g. plumbing, carpentry, masonry, animal care
- Oversee and manage the purchase of building and physical plant maintenance supplies, machinery, equipment parts, and services as required.
- Orders and maintains the ordering of ground, building and equipment maintenance supplies.
- Assists and oversees the retrofit or alterations of office spaces, cubicles
- Schedules and/or oversees the routine maintenance on all vehicles
- Assists in ensuring compliance with all governmental regulations, building codes, zoning ordinances and requirements of the utility companies as required
- Works with VP of Finance and Administration to call in outside professionals for repairs and service contracts
- Experience in and management of facility care and maintenance in a commercial setting
- Bachelor's Degree in Management or Engineering Sciences preferred
- License in one of the major trades (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, building, etc.), would be desirable
- Strong preference to candidates with commercial HVAC experience.
- Knowledge and ability to perform routine vehicle maintenance
- Experience, Education or willingness to learn Animal Welfare environment
- Valid Drivers License
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or
hear. the employee frequently is required to use hands to finder, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions.
The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high,precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk
of electrical shock; risk of radiation,; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center, PO Box 159, Madison, NJ 07940. Application filing deadline: May 31, 2016.
Kennel Attendant/Adoption Counselor
St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center in Madison is seeking an energetic, dedicated individual to join our team as a kennel attendant/adoption counselor. Both full-time and part-time positions are available. This position is responsible for providing quality care and sanitary housing for all the shelter animals and also providing excellent customer service to the public. Duties include cleaning, feeding, medicating, enrichment, training, behavior modification, prepping animals for adoption, computer work and other tasks as needed. The ideal candidate must possess a strong work ethic, good communication skills, the ability to multi-task, good animal handling skills and a dedication to St. Hubert's mission. St. Hubert's offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time staff members, including health and dental coverage, life insurance and PTO. Our benefits are designed to help our staff lead healthy, productive and rewarding lifestyles.
To apply to work at MADISON Please send resume and cover letter:
Steven Mayer, Madison Shelter Manager
By email: email@example.com
With questions call: 973-377-2295
To apply to work at NORTH BRANCH send resume and cover letter:
Cliff Brescia, North Branch Shelter Manager
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
With questions call: 908-526-3330
St. Hubert’s is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other statusprotected under local, state or federal laws.
St. Hubert’s is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a harassment-free work environment in accordance with all applicable state and federal fair employment practice laws.