Those who share our passion for helping animals in need will find employment at St. Hubert's meaningful and rewarding. Whether providing direct animal care in our shelters or engaged in the various supportive positions, every team member contributes significantly to the furtherance of St. Hubert's mission. We offer all full-time employees a generous benefits package. All staff are afforded continuous professional education and training opportunities to increase their skills and knowledge, enhancing their development and advancement in animal welfare. St. Hubert's is an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Kennel Attendant/Adoption Counselor
Vice President, Development & Communications
Director of Physical Assets and Maintenance
DIRECTOR OF PHYSICAL ASSETS AND MAINTENANCE
Broad Function: This position is responsible for the maintenance, repair & cleaning of shelter grounds, facilities, equipment and vehicles. Plans improvements and renovations with senior staff. Assists with preparation of annual facilities budget for all shelter locations.
Reports to: Vice President of Finance & Administration
- Inspects, manages and oversees efficiency of all services and maintenance activities (HVAC, Electrical, Fire Protection Systems, Grounds and Building Maintenance, Security, System Engineering and Vehicles) in order to maintain efficient and effective operations in all three shelters.
- Ensure compliance and appropriate measures and protocols are in place with health, safety, and building codes
- Schedule, perform and maintain general and preventative maintenance for our shelters, equipment, physical assets, and grounds
- Supervise the day to day operation of the department (1 full-time and 2 part-time) to assure that maintenance and repair work is done in a safe and timely manner in the best interests of the shelters.
- Maintains and oversees daily/monthly/quarterly maintenance schedules for equipment, HVAC units, vehicles, water treatment plant for the 3 facilities and setting priorities of dates of completion.
- Acts as handyperson for repairs around the three shelters as necessary, e.g. plumbing, carpentry, masonry, animal care
- Oversee and manage the purchase of building and physical plant maintenance supplies, machinery, equipment parts, and services as required.
- Orders and maintains the ordering of ground, building and equipment maintenance supplies.
- Assists and oversees the retrofit or alterations of office spaces, cubicles
- Schedules and/or oversees the routine maintenance on all vehicles
- Assists in ensuring compliance with all governmental regulations, building codes, zoning ordinances and requirements of the utility companies as required
- Works with VP of Finance and Administration to call in outside professionals for repairs and service contracts
- Experience in and management of facility care and maintenance in a commercial setting
- Bachelor's Degree in Management or Engineering Sciences preferred
- License in one of the major trades (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, building, etc.), would be desirable
- Strong preference to candidates with commercial HVAC experience.
- Knowledge and ability to perform routine vehicle maintenance
- Experience, Education or willingness to learn Animal Welfare environment
- Valid Drivers License
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or
hear. the employee frequently is required to use hands to finder, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions.
The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high,precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk
of electrical shock; risk of radiation,; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center, PO Box 159, Madison, NJ 07940. Application filing deadline: May 31, 2016.
vICE PRESIDENT, DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNICATIONS
Broad Function: As a member of St. Hubert’s senior leadership team, the Vice President of Development & Communications is responsible for the overall design and implementation of St. Hubert’s fundraising and communications plan for the organization. Components include online venues, social media, donor cultivation and
solicitation, annual giving program, special events, retail store, foundation and corporate giving. The position is also responsible for the management of St. Hubert’s communications and brand identity. Knowledge of Raiser's Edge, Blackbaud Net Community preferred. The position is a part of the senior management team working to achieve on the mission of St. Hubert’s and advance the cause of animal welfare.
Reports to: President/CEO. Supervises 4: Development Manager, Development Associate / Event Manager, Development Data Entry & Retail Store Manager.
- Leads design and implementation of fundraising strategies for organization to sustainably achieve annual funding and in-kind needs as well as special needs.
- Writes grants proposals and researches potential funding sources such as foundation and corporate sponsors. Reports to program donors on fund utilization.
- Attracts and maintains donor relationships to the organization.
- Plans and implements online, third party, affiliate and in-house and community giving.
- Researches potential major donors and prepares major donor solicitation mailings, meetings and cultivation program.
- Manages direct mail program, new donor packages and acknowledgment processes.
- Works with Board of Trustees to target and facilitate board success in giving and getting and provides regular report cards to trustees.
- Develops, markets and manages annual and corporate giving opportunities.
- Plans and implements the events calendar.
- Plans, advertises and implements Planned Giving Program.
- Oversees participation in workplace campaigns.
- Oversees management of the Retail Store Buddy’s Boutique.
- Responsible for data integrity and optimization of constituent and contact software.
- Participates in continuing education opportunities, speaking opportunities and assistance to other shelter and rescue partners.
- Integrates fundraising and friendraising across the organization, coaches colleagues.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations related to charitable giving.
- Provides monthly reports, routine analytics and ad-hoc analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Crafts, executes and continually monitors/adapts a top level communications plan to support mission, cause advancement and all facets of the organization.
- Pitches stories, appearances to print, radio and television media as well as online content venues.
- Maintains and cultivates press and media contacts, strong relationships and opportunities. Coordinates media interviews for the President, and/or program representatives.
- Organizes production, design and printing of St. Hubert’s newsletter, Humane News and Annual Report. Writes newsletter articles, text and provides photos as needed.
- Markets organization, programs and overall animal welfare through targeted, strategic efforts.
- Increases presence of St. Hubert’s in towns through engagement with individual businesses, business communication campaigns, chambers, townships and other venues. Develops method of recognition for businesses for website or other partnership/mutual-benefit communications.
- Manages the writing, editing and production of communications to external constituents, including collateral materials such as brochures, flyers and other materials
including signs and banners.
- Manages the content of the website and directly handles updates to the website to continuously present the organization in a timely manner including all promotions, events and news.
- Prepares and maintains a media kit and donor/VIP packages.
- Develops videos for online, social media and targeted outreach.
- Writes and distributes press releases and media updates for planned, as well as unplanned (i.e., disaster situations, crisis) events, and serving as on-camera/radio spokesperson during and after such events if CEO is unavailable.
- Manages and oversees volunteers that assist with video & photography to meet organizational needs.
- Develops, communicates and maintains branding guide
- Manages touch point communications including onsite signage and hold music messaging.
- Drafts talking points and remarks for CEO, board and staff when appropriate.
- Tracks St. Hubert’s presence in the media and promotes articles and news clips via social media, web content, and e-communications to both internal and external constituents.
- Assists with managing internal communications to staff, volunteers and board members.
- Develops promotional campaigns to increase traffic in adoptions, TNR, Training Center, Professional and Youth Education, Helpline and other services. Tracks, measures and reports campaign impact.
- Manages outside vendor relationship as well as create and maintain new ones when needed
- Monitors, replies to, or directs e-mails and social media messages from the public to the appropriate staff/department.
- Creates, posts and manages information on all Social Media platforms. Assures St. Hubert’s is utilizing the most effective social media techniques at all times.
- Produces monthly report and handles special projects, as assigned.
Significant management level experience with responsibility for annual fundraising of at least $1 million including a demonstrated ability to implement impactful organizational communication efforts.
A proven track record of success with major donors, corporate giving, private and family foundations and a demonstrated success directing internal and external cause related communications.
Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree and certifications preferred.
Experience with endowment campaigns desired.
A passion for the welfare of animals.
Valid Driver’s License
Bachelors Degree Mandatory, Higher Degree preferred
Available to work evenings and weekends.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter via fax at 973-377-5012 or mail to St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center, PO Box 159, Madison, NJ 07940.
Kennel Attendant/Adoption Counselor
St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center in Madison is seeking an energetic, dedicated individual to join our team as a kennel attendant/adoption counselor. Both full-time and part-time positions are available. This position is responsible for providing quality care and sanitary housing for all the shelter animals and also providing excellent customer service to the public. Duties include cleaning, feeding, medicating, enrichment, training, behavior modification, prepping animals for adoption, computer work and other tasks as needed. The ideal candidate must possess a strong work ethic, good communication skills, the ability to multi-task, good animal handling skills and a dedication to St. Hubert's mission. St. Hubert's offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time staff members, including health and dental coverage, life insurance and PTO. Our benefits are designed to help our staff lead healthy, productive and rewarding lifestyles.
To apply to work at MADISON Please send resume and cover letter:
Steven Mayer, Madison Shelter Manager
By email: email@example.com
With questions call: 973-377-2295
To apply to work at NORTH BRANCH send resume and cover letter:
Cliff Brescia, North Branch Shelter Manager
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
With questions call: 908-526-3330
St. Hubert’s is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other statusprotected under local, state or federal laws.
St. Hubert’s is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a harassment-free work environment in accordance with all applicable state and federal fair employment practice laws.