Those who share our passion for helping animals in need will find employment at St. Hubert's meaningful and rewarding. Whether providing direct animal care in our shelters or engaged in the various supportive positions, every team member contributes significantly to the furtherance of St. Hubert's mission. We offer all full-time employees a generous benefits package. All staff are afforded continuous professional education and training opportunities to increase their skills and knowledge, enhancing their development and advancement in animal welfare. St. Hubert's is an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Animal Shelter Senior Veterinary Technician
Kennel Attendant/Adoption Counselor
Vice President Development & Communications
Broad Function: As a member of St. Hubert’s senior leadership team, the Vice President of Development & Communications is responsible for the overall design and implementation of St. Hubert’s fundraising and communications plan for the organization. Components include online venues, social media, donor cultivation and solicitation, annual giving program, special events, retail store, foundation and corporate giving. The position is also responsible for the management of St. Hubert’s communications and brand identity. Knowledge of Raisers Edge, Blackbaud Net Community preferred. The position is a part of the senior management team working to achieve on the mission of St. Hubert’s and advance the cause of animal welfare.
Reports to: President/CEO.
Supervises : Development Manager, Development Associate / Event Manager, Development Assistant & Retail Store Manager.
- Leads design and implementation of fundraising strategies for organization to sustainably achieve annual funding, in-kind and special needs.
- Writes grants proposals and researches potential funding sources such as foundation and corporate sponsors. Reports to program donors on fund utilization.
- Attracts and maintains donor relationships to the organization.
- Plans and implements online, third party, affiliate and in-house and community giving.
- Researches potential major donors and prepares major donor solicitation mailings, meetings and cultivation programs.
- Manages direct mail program, new donor packages and acknowledgment processes.
- Works with Board of Trustees to target and facilitate board success in giving and getting. Provides regular tracking cards to trustees.
- Develops, markets and manages annual and corporate giving opportunities.
- Plans and implements the events calendar.
- Plans, advertises and implements Planned Giving Program.
- Oversees participation in workplace campaigns.
- Oversees management of the Retail Store Buddy’s Boutique.
- Responsible for data integrity and optimization of constituent and contact software.
- Participates in continuing education opportunities, speaking opportunities and assistance to other shelter and rescue partners.
- Integrates fundraising and friendraising across the organization, coaches colleagues.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations related to charitable giving.
- Provides monthly reports, routine analytics and ad-hoc analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Crafts, executes and continually monitors/adapts a top level communications plan to support mission, cause advancement and all facets of the organization.
- Pitches stories, appearances to print, radio and television media as well as online content venues.
- Maintains and cultivates press and media contacts, strong relationships and opportunities. Coordinates media interviews for the President, and/or program representatives.
- Organizes production, design and printing of St. Hubert’s newsletter, Humane News and Annual Report. Writes newsletter articles, text and provides photos as needed.
- Markets organization, programs and overall animal welfare through targeted, strategic efforts.
- Increases presence of St. Hubert’s in towns through engagement with individual businesses, business communication campaigns, chambers, townships and other venues. Develops method of recognition for businesses for website or other partnership/ mutual-benefit communications.
- Manages the writing, editing and production of communications to external constituents, including collateral materials such as brochures, flyers and other materials including signs and banners.
- Manages the content of the website and directly handles updates to the website to continuously present the organization in a timely manner including all promotions, events and news.
- Prepares and maintains a media kit and donor/VIP packages.
- Develops videos for online, social media and targeted outreach.
- Writes and distributes press releases and media updates for planned, as well as unplanned (i.e., disaster situations, crisis) events, and serving as on-camera/radio spokesperson during and after such events if CEO is unavailable.
- Manages and oversees volunteers that assist with video & photography to meet organizational needs.
- Develops, communicates and maintains branding guide
- Manages touch point communications including onsite signage and hold music messaging.
- Drafts talking points and remarks for CEO, board and staff when appropriate.
- Tracks St. Hubert’s presence in the media and promotes articles and news clips via social media, web content, and e-communications to both internal and external constituents.
- Assists with managing internal communications to staff, volunteers and board members.
- Develops promotional campaigns to increase traffic in adoptions, TNR, Training Center, Professional and Youth Education, Helpline and other services. Tracks, measures and reports campaign impact.
- Manages outside vendor relationship as well as create and maintain new ones when needed
- Monitors, replies to, or directs e-mails and social media messages from the public to the appropriate staff/department.
- Creates, posts and manages information on all Social Media platforms. Assures St. Hubert’s is utilizing the most effective social media techniques at all times.
- Produces monthly report and handles special projects, as assigned.
Significant management level experience with responsibility for annual fundraising of at least $1 million including a demonstrated ability to implement impactful organizational communication efforts.
A proven track record of success with major donors, corporate giving, private and family foundations and a demonstrated success directing internal and external cause related communications.Bachelors degree, advanced degree and certifications preferred.
Experience with endowment campaigns desired.
A passion for the welfare of animals.
Valid Drivers License
Bachelors Degree Mandatory, Higher Degree preferred
Available to work evenings and weekends.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter via fax at 973-377-5012 or mail to St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center, PO Box 159, Madison, NJ 07940. Application filing deadline: July 17, 2015.
animal shelter senior veterinary technician
St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center is seeking a Licensed Vet Tech (or 5 years of shelter medicine experience) to assist with the care of shelter animals. We are a fast paced animal shelter serving approximately 5,000 animals yearly.
Animal Shelter Senior Veterinary Technician Job Description
To apply, please submit resume to email@example.com.
Kennel Attendant/Adoption Counselor
St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center in Madison is seeking an energetic, dedicated individual to join our team as a kennel attendant/adoption counselor. Both full-time and part-time positions are available. This position is responsible for providing quality care and sanitary housing for all the shelter animals and also providing excellent customer service to the public. Duties include cleaning, feeding, medicating, enrichment, training, behavior modification, prepping animals for adoption, computer work and other tasks as needed. The ideal candidate must possess a strong work ethic, good communication skills, the ability to multi-task, good animal handling skills and a dedication to St. Hubert's mission. St. Hubert's offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time staff members, including health and dental coverage, life insurance and PTO. Our benefits are designed to help our staff lead healthy, productive and rewarding lifestyles.
To apply to work at MADISON Please send resume and cover letter: To apply to work at NORTH BRANCH send resume and cover letter:
Jennifer Gregory, Madison Shelter Manager Cliff Brescia, North Branch Shelter Manager
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org By email: email@example.com
With questions call: 973-377-2295 With questions call: 908-526-3330